Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Birthday card 1

Hi everyone! Today is Christmas night and I want to wish all my friends a wonderful night with happiness. Furthermore, better news is that Vietnamese national football team has defeated Thailand team for the first match and I am so proud of them.

Ok! Come back to the main task. I have designed some birthday cards to celebrate my friend’s birthday. Her name is Vanlinsa Rindy. In order to help me make the cards, she gave me some pictures of herself. So, let’s take a look at them:




I chose the second and third images after careful consideration. Based on this, I made two versions of the card.

1) Version 1.1:


_ Additional image: Remember our Gestalt theory exercise folder. You can look for this image in it.


_ The fonts of text: I want to choose a nice font for her name and other greeting words. I think that the best way is writing a word in Flash to examine the appearance of it in any font you like. It is more effective than using Illustrator or Photoshop to find the same result. There are four fonts I really like. They are Lucida Calligraphy, Harrington, Edwardian Script ITC, and Snell Roundhand. The word “Happy Birthday” is in Cambria and her name “Vanlinsa Rindy” is in Edwardian Scrip ITC.

_ I found out that yellow and green really supports each other well. I select yellow for the color of text and it is more impressive in the green background of flowers. I also add light green to Outer Glow layer style to make the words match the background. “fffa00” and “9efb66” are addresses for yellow and light green.

2) Version 2.2:


The first difference is color of the name. In the first version, it is yellow while it is white in the second one. Second difference is a new image of Rindy in this version.

No comments: