Sunday, November 30, 2008

Certificate of contribution

Hello everyone! As you read my entry Presentation, you know that I a working on designing a certificate for the event Presentation Competition of RMIT English Club. Actually, I have made some examples of the certificate for the winners of the competition. Now I have another task, which is to design certificates for members who contribute to the event.

Based on previous comments that I have received, I decide to change some features of the last design. For example, most of the text content is in italic form, except for the title of the certificate and name of the awarded person. I also move the text area up to the top and the image area to the bottom. This means two logos and additional images are put below the signature area. Another change is that I use images of the chess to represent those members who contribute to organize the event. They play an important role as the king in the chessboard because the event will not be run without their helps. I use the same technique to edit images, which is using Magic Wand Tool to select chessmen and Eraser Tool to clear unnecessary details around the chessmen.

Let's take a look at the source images that I have used for my new design:


Photo by woodsy
Reference: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/921525


Photo by woodsy
Reference: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/921520

Here are my works:



No comments: